Monday, November 16, 2009

Five Weeks Old

Poppy


Clover


Willow


I can't believe the pups are 5 weeks old already. The first dog that my husband and I adopted together was a blue merle aussie, who was only 5 weeks old. This was ages ago, before we knew better about the ideal age for bringing a puppy into its new family. Hopefully these puppies will be going to their new homes when they are around 9 or 10 weeks.
The puppies are really enjoying their outdoor time, and I feel so lucky to be living in southern California right now. It's mid-November, and the weather is beautiful, sunny and highs in the mid-seventies. Just perfect for running around outside, digging, exploring, climbing and chasing.

They are just beginning to engage in play with the big dogs. Skittles continues to impress me with what a wonderful mom she is. She plays with them so gently, but I can tell she'll be ready to run and wrestle with them as soon as they're big enough.

No comments: