Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Pack

Four dogs in a house has been quite an adventure. I must say though, that all the dogs are so good. Other than the extra dirt tracked in the house requiring sweeping at least once per day, they are a real joy.

Finding a holistic home for Clover has not been easy. I really underestimated the perceived value of a naturally reared dog. In my opinion, I think it is SO valuable. Unless I rescue a dog, I will never buy another conventionally raised dog again. To have a dog whose immune system has never been assaulted by vaccines or medications, and raised on a raw meat and bone diet from the get-go... How cool is that? I can't think of a better way to maximize the potential for a long, healthy life.

I've added a new link about Natural Rearing. I'm not a member, because I'm not a breeder. But it's basically the philosophy we've followed in raising the puppies, and keeping all our dogs healthy.

So we've made the decision to hold out for a holistic home for Clover. And if she doesn't find one, she gets to stay here. She's a lot of fun and besides, we love her.

No comments: